*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - discount taken at checkout. See terms.
South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland - Western Cape (PDF Chapter)
This is the Western Cape chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Africa, Lesotho & Swazi-land guidebook.
The attraction of the Western Cape lies not only in its world-class vineyards, stunning beaches and mountains, but also in its huge range of activities and the melting pot of cultures in the region that begs to be explored.
- sample magnificent wines – and food – in the historic towns of the Cape Winelands
- explore Khoe-San culture and hike past bizarre rock formations in the Cederberg Wilder-ness Area
- take the spectacularly scenic coastal drive through Betty’s Bay to Hermanus, then walk the cliff path to watch for whales
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Winelands, Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, Paarl, Tulbagh, Ceres, Robertson, McGregor, Greyton, The Overberg, Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve, Betty’s Bay, Kleinmond, Hermanus, Gansbaai, Cape Agulhas, Arniston (Waenhuiskrans), De Hoop Nature Reserve, Swellendam, Bontebok National Park, Garden Route, Mossel Bay, George, Montagu & Outeniqua Passes, Herold’s Bay, Victoria Bay, Wilderness, Garden Route National Park (Wilderness Section), Buffalo Bay, Knysna, Plettenberg Bay, Robberg Nature & Marine Reserve, Route 62, Montagu, Calitzdorp, Oudtshoorn, Central Karoo, Prince Albert, Gamkaskloof Nature Reserve (Die Hel), Beaufort West, Karoo National Park, West Coast & Swartland, Darling, West Coast National Park, Langebaan, Paternoster, Lambert’s Bay, Cederberg Wilderness Area, Citrusdal & around and Clanwilliam & around.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.