*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland - Western Cape (PDF Chapter)
This is the Western Cape chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Africa, Lesotho & Swazi-land guidebook.
The attraction of the Western Cape lies not only in its world-class vineyards, stunning beaches and mountains, but also in its huge range of activities and the melting pot of cultures in the region that begs to be explored.
- sample magnificent wines – and food – in the historic towns of the Cape Winelands
- explore Khoe-San culture and hike past bizarre rock formations in the Cederberg Wilder-ness Area
- take the spectacularly scenic coastal drive through Betty’s Bay to Hermanus, then walk the cliff path to watch for whales
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Winelands, Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, Paarl, Tulbagh, Ceres, Robertson, McGregor, Greyton, The Overberg, Kogelberg Biosphere Reserve, Betty’s Bay, Kleinmond, Hermanus, Gansbaai, Cape Agulhas, Arniston (Waenhuiskrans), De Hoop Nature Reserve, Swellendam, Bontebok National Park, Garden Route, Mossel Bay, George, Montagu & Outeniqua Passes, Herold’s Bay, Victoria Bay, Wilderness, Garden Route National Park (Wilderness Section), Buffalo Bay, Knysna, Plettenberg Bay, Robberg Nature & Marine Reserve, Route 62, Montagu, Calitzdorp, Oudtshoorn, Central Karoo, Prince Albert, Gamkaskloof Nature Reserve (Die Hel), Beaufort West, Karoo National Park, West Coast & Swartland, Darling, West Coast National Park, Langebaan, Paternoster, Lambert’s Bay, Cederberg Wilderness Area, Citrusdal & around and Clanwilliam & around.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.