South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland - Western Cape (PDF Chapter)
This is the Western Cape chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Africa, Lesotho & Swazi-land guidebook.
The attraction of the Western Cape lies not only in its world-class vineyards, stunning beaches and mountains, but also in its huge range of activities and the melting pot of cultures in the region that begs to be explored.
- sample magnificent wines – and food – in the historic towns of the Cape Winelands
- explore Khoe-San culture and hike past bizarre rock formations in the Cederberg Wilder-ness Area
- take the spectacularly scenic coastal drive through Betty’s Bay to Hermanus, then walk the cliff path to watch for whales
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Winelands, Stellenbosch, Franschhoek, Paarl, Tulbagh, Robertson, McGregor, The Overberg, Kogelberg Nature Reserve, Betty’s Bay, Herma-nus, Stanford, Greyton, Gansbaai, Cape Agulhas, Arniston, De Hoop Nature Reserve, Swellen-dam, Garden Route, Mossel Bay, George, Montagu & Outeniqua Passes, Herolds Bay, Victoria Bay, Wilderness, Garden Route National Park (Wilderness Section), Buffalo Bay, Knysna, Knysna to Plettenberg Bay, Plettenberg Bay & Around, Route 62, Montagu, Barrydale, Calitzdorp, Oudtshoorn, Central Karoo, Prince Albert, Karoo National Park, West Coast & Swartland, Darling, West Coast National Park, Langebaan, Paternoster, Elands Bay, Cederberg Wilderness Area, Citrusdal & Around, Clanwilliam & Around.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience