South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland - Swaziland (PDF Chapter)
This is the Swaziland chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Africa, Lesotho & Swazi-land guidebook.
The intriguing kingdom of Swaziland is diminutive but boasts a huge checklist for any visitor: rewarding wildlife watching, adrenaline-boosting rafting and mountain biking, lively and colourful local culture, superb walking trails, stunning mountain and flatland scenery, varied accommoda-tion options and excellent, handicrafts.
- watch wildlife, including rare black rhinos, at the excellent Mkhaya Game Reserve
- walk or hike in the enchanting Malolotja Nature Reserve
- shoot over whitewater rapids on a day-long adventure on the Great Usutu River (Lusutfu River)
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Mbabane, Central Swaziland, Ezulwini Valley, Lobamba, Mlilwane Wildlife Sanctuary, Malkerns Valley, Manzini, Northwestern Swaziland, Ngwenya, Malolotja Nature Reserve, Komati Valley, Northeastern Swaziland, Hlane Royal Na-tional Park, Mlawula Nature Reserve, Mbuluzi Game Reserve, Mkhaya Game Reserve.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.