South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland - Northern Cape (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Northern Cape chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Africa, Lesotho & Swazi-land guidebook.
The Northern Cape is South Africa’s last great frontier - raw, elemental land, where gnarly camel-thorn trees break the boundless horizons. Yet it abounds with instances of rejuvenating beauty: the Green Kalahari vineyards, epic Augrabies Falls and red Kalahari sands shimmering with grasses.
- watch a black-maned lion nap under a thorn tree in the wild crimson Kalahari wonderland of Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park
- step back in time to Kimberley’s diamond-dealing past at the Big Hole and exploring Kim-berley’s well-preserved Victorian buildings
- gasp at the water surging between vertiginous cliffs then indulge in some low-key wildlife watching in Augrabies Falls National Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kimberley, The Upper Karoo, Mokala National Park, Victoria West, The Kalahari, Kuruman, Witsand Nature Reserve, Upington, Kgalagadi Transfron-tier Park, Augrabies Falls National Park, Riemvasmaak, Namakwa & the Hantam Karoo, Spring-bok, Port Nolloth, |Ai-|Ais/Richtersveld Transfrontier Park, Namaqua National Park, Calvinia, Sutherland.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.