South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland - North West Province (PDF Chapter)
This is the North West Province chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland guidebook.
Many visitors come here for Sun City, Africa’s Las Vegas, but you may prefer a different kind of gambling in nearby Pilanesberg National Park. Wager that lions and rhinos will wander to the waterhole you have staked out - sightings on self-drive safaris come with a serendipitous thrill.
- stop within metres of a pride of lions resting under a thorn tree, on a safari in Madikwe Game Reserve
- chill on the deck of your lodge at Pilanesberg National Park, keeping an eye on the bush for Big Five sightings
- body surf the Valley of the Waves and soak up Sun City’s deliciously gaudy ambience
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Rustenburg, Sun City, Pilanesberg National Park, Madikwe Game Reserve, Mahikeng (Mafikeng) and Magaliesberg.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.