South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland - North West Province (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the North West Province chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland guidebook.
This stretch of bushveld is famous for Sun City, the southern hemisphere’s answer to Las Vegas. But it’s the nearby parks and reserves that we really love – Madikwe Game Reserve is a gem, while Pilanesberg has terrific wildlife and is very accessible.
- stop within metres of a pride of lions resting under a thorn tree, on a safari in Madikwe Game Reserve in which the Big Five are never far away
- get down to basics without sacrificing on comfort in Madikwe Game Reserve, a reserve where the accommodation really stands out
- drive the back roads of Pilanesberg National Park in search of big wildlife you can keep all to yourself while the crowds head elsewhere
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Rustenburg, Sun City, Pilanesberg National Park, Madikwe Game Reserve, Magaliesberg Range.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.