South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland - Mpumalanga (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mpumalanga chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Africa, Lesotho & Swazi-land guidebook.
Mpumalanga is a beautiful region with vistas of mountains and lush green valleys. It’s a prime target for outdoor enthusiasts, who head here to abseil down waterfalls, throw themselves off cliffs, negotiate rivers by raft, inner tube or canoe, and hike or bike wilderness trails.
- throw a line in the water for trout around sophisticated Dullstroom and enjoy the cool alpine climate
- pick up fine African arts and crafts in Graskop before hurling yourself into a gorge on the Big Swing outside town
- gaze in awe from the Three Rondavels at Blyde River Canyon, the world’s third-largest canyon
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Drakensberg Escarpment, Dullstroom, Waterval Bo-ven, Lydenburg, Sabie, Pilgrim’s Rest, Graskop, Blyde River Canyon, Eastern Lowveld, Hazyview, White River, Nelspruit, Malelane, Komatipoort, Barberton, Songimvelo Game Reserve and Piet Retief.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.