*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - discount taken at checkout. See terms.
South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland - Limpopo (PDF Chapter)
This is the Limpopo chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Africa, Lesotho & Swazi-land guidebook.
Limpopo is a diverse province characterised by culture, history, vast open spaces and wildlife. Visitors can walk through the country’s most significant Iron Age site at Mapungubwe National Park; traditional art shines in the enigmatic region of Venda; and nature takes centre stage in the Waterberg.
- explore ancient civilisation and stunning landscapes in Mapungubwe National Park
- watch the sun slide behind blue bluff s from the vulture-viewing point at Marakele National Park
- revel in the cool climate, misty forests and relaxed living in Haenertsburg and Kings Wal-den
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Capricorn, Polokwane (Pietersburg), Bushveld, Mo-kopane (Potgietersrus), Modimolle (Nylstroom), Bela-Bela (Warmbaths), The Waterberg, Sout-pansberg, Louis Trichardt (Makhado), Ben Lavin Nature Reserve, Musina (Messina), Mapungub-we National Park, Venda, Valley of the Olifants, Letaba Valley, Tzaneen, Modjadjiskloof (Duiv-elskloof), Ndzalama Private Wildlife Reserve, Phalaborwa, Hoedspruit and Acornhoek.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.