*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland - Limpopo (PDF Chapter)
This is the Limpopo chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Africa, Lesotho & Swazi-land guidebook.
Limpopo is a diverse province characterised by culture, history, vast open spaces and wildlife. Visitors can walk through the country’s most significant Iron Age site at Mapungubwe National Park; traditional art shines in the enigmatic region of Venda; and nature takes centre stage in the Waterberg.
- explore ancient civilisation and stunning landscapes in Mapungubwe National Park
- watch the sun slide behind blue bluff s from the vulture-viewing point at Marakele National Park
- revel in the cool climate, misty forests and relaxed living in Haenertsburg and Kings Wal-den
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Capricorn, Polokwane (Pietersburg), Bushveld, Mo-kopane (Potgietersrus), Modimolle (Nylstroom), Bela-Bela (Warmbaths), The Waterberg, Sout-pansberg, Louis Trichardt (Makhado), Ben Lavin Nature Reserve, Musina (Messina), Mapungub-we National Park, Venda, Valley of the Olifants, Letaba Valley, Tzaneen, Modjadjiskloof (Duiv-elskloof), Ndzalama Private Wildlife Reserve, Phalaborwa, Hoedspruit and Acornhoek.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.