South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland - Limpopo (PDF Chapter)
This is the Limpopo chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Africa, Lesotho & Swazi-land guidebook.
Limpopo is a diverse province characterised by culture, history, vast open spaces and wildlife. Visitors can walk through the country’s most significant Iron Age site at Mapungubwe National Park; traditional art shines in the enigmatic region of Venda; and nature takes centre stage in the Waterberg.
- explore ancient civilisation, stunning landscapes and fab wildlife in Mapungubwe National Park
- draw near to traditional culture by searching out crafts and colourful weavings in Ven-da
- lose yourself in the valleys of the Waterberg watching wildlife from splendid 57 Water-berg
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Polokwane, Bushveld, Mokopane, Bela-Bela, The Waterberg, Soutpansberg, Louis Trichardt, Musina, Mapungubwe National Park, Venda, Valley of the Olifants, Letaba Valley, Tzaneen, Modjadjiskloof, Phalaborwa, Hoedspruit.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.