*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland - Kwazulu-Natal (PDF Chapter)
This is the KwaZulu-Natal chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Africa, Lesotho & Swazi-land guidebook.
There’s no doubt that KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) is eclectic: mountainscapes contrast with dry sa-vannahs, while the towns’ streets, teeming with African life, markets and noise, are in stark con-trast to the sedate tribal settlements in rural areas. Here, too, is traditional Zululand, whose people are fiercely proud of their culture.
- spot wildlife through the Big Five stomping ground of Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Park or watch the sunrise at uMkhuze Game Reserve
- explore the beauty of the extraordinary iSimangaliso Wetland Park
- walk in the mountainous wonderland of uKhahlamba-Drakensberg Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Durban, South Coast, Warner Beach & around, Umzumbe & Umtentweni, Oribi Gorge Nature Reserve & around, Ramsgate, Southbroom & around, North Coast, Umhlanga Rocks & uMdloti Beach, Ballito, KwaDukuza (Stanger) & around, Zululand, Mtunzini, Eshowe, Ulundi, Ithala Game Reserve, The Elephant Coast, Hluhluwe, Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Park, iSimangaliso Wetland Park, Tembe Elephant Park, Ndumo Game Re-serve, The Midlands, Pietermaritzburg, Drakensberg & Ukhahlamba-Drakensberg Park, Southern Berg, Central Berg, Northern Berg, Battlefields, Spioenkop Nature Reserve, Ladysmith, Dundee, Isandlwana & Rorke’s Drift, Blood River and Ncome Monuments.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.