*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland - Kwazulu-Natal (PDF Chapter)
This is the KwaZulu-Natal chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Africa, Lesotho & Swazi-land guidebook.
There’s no doubt that KwaZulu-Natal (KZN) is eclectic: mountainscapes contrast with dry sa-vannahs, while the towns’ streets, teeming with African life, markets and noise, are in stark con-trast to the sedate tribal settlements in rural areas. Here, too, is traditional Zululand, whose people are fiercely proud of their culture.
- spot wildlife through the Big Five stomping ground of Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Park or watch the sunrise at uMkhuze Game Reserve
- explore the beauty of the extraordinary iSimangaliso Wetland Park
- walk in the mountainous wonderland of uKhahlamba-Drakensberg Park
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Durban, South Coast, Warner Beach & around, Umzumbe & Umtentweni, Oribi Gorge Nature Reserve & around, Ramsgate, Southbroom & around, North Coast, Umhlanga Rocks & uMdloti Beach, Ballito, KwaDukuza (Stanger) & around, Zululand, Mtunzini, Eshowe, Ulundi, Ithala Game Reserve, The Elephant Coast, Hluhluwe, Hluhluwe-iMfolozi Park, iSimangaliso Wetland Park, Tembe Elephant Park, Ndumo Game Re-serve, The Midlands, Pietermaritzburg, Drakensberg & Ukhahlamba-Drakensberg Park, Southern Berg, Central Berg, Northern Berg, Battlefields, Spioenkop Nature Reserve, Ladysmith, Dundee, Isandlwana & Rorke’s Drift, Blood River and Ncome Monuments.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.