South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland - Kruger National Park (PDF Chapter)
This is the Kruger National Park chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland guidebook.
Kruger is one of the world’s greatest wildlife-watching destinations. All of Africa’s iconic safari species – elephant, lion, leopard, cheetah, rhino, buffalo, giraffe, hippo and zebra – share the bushveld with a supporting cast of 137 other mammals and over 500 varieties of bird.
- track leopards through one of Africa’s premier wildlife destinations, Sabi Sand Game Re-serve
- explore Kruger’s side roads and drive a crowdless, late-afternoon, riverside track, such as the S39
- wake to the sweet sounds of nature’s alarm clock when camping wild on the Lonely Bull Back-Pack Trail
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Private Wildlife Reserves, Sabi Sand Game Reserve, Manyeleti Game Reserve, Timbavati Private Nature Reserve.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience