*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland - Johannesburg & Gauteng (PDF Chapter)
This is the Johannesburg & Gauteng chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland guidebook.
Gauteng will enthrall you is the throbbing heart of the South African nation and the eco-nomic engine of Africa. Its epicentre is Johannesburg (Jo’burg) ¬- once considered a place to avoid, and now one of the most inspiring and happening metropolises in the world.
- hook up with Southern Africa’s cultural hub in the revamped Johannesburg neighbour-hoods of Newtown, Braamfontein and Maboneng
- revisit South Africa’s chilling history at Jo’burg’s Apartheid Museum and Constitution Hill
- leap off the Orlando Towers in Soweto
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Johannesburg, Soweto, Cradle of Humankind, South-ern Gauteng, Pretoria & around and Cullinan Diamond Mine.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.