*Cannot be combined with other offers. On a mobile? Enter code on Order Summary page.See terms.
South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland - Eastern Cape (PDF Chapter)
This is the Eastern Cape chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Africa, Lesotho & Swazi-land guidebook.
The Eastern Cape offers a wide range of topography and experiences: you’ll find tranquillity in the towns of the Karoo and the imposing Drakensberg peaks in the Highlands; good surfing in the Indian Ocean, coupled with amazing cultural experiences on the Wild Coast; and history throughout, including the legacy of some famous local sons - Nelson Mandela, Oliver Tambo and Steve Biko.
- walk the Wild Coast’s seaside pathways and secluded beaches
- take in a Karoo sunset with views of Graaff-Reinet below in the Valley of Desolation
- observe African elephants up close at Addo Elephant National Park and the nearby re-serves
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Garden Route East, Nature’s Valley, Tsitsikamma Na-tional Park, Storms River, Sunshine Coast, Cape St Francis & around, Jeffrey’s Bay, Port Eliza-beth, Addo Elephant National Park, Grahamstown, Bathurst, Port Alfred, Amathole, East London, Hogsback, The Wild Coast, Chintsa, Morgan Bay & Kei Mouth, Dwesa Nature Reserve, Coffee Bay & around, Qunu, Mthatha, Port St Johns, Pondoland, Northeastern Highlands, Queenstown, Lady Grey, Rhodes, Eastern Karoo, Graaff-Reinet, Camdeboo National Park, Nieu Bethesda, Mountain Zebra National Park and Cradock.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.