*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland - Eastern Cape (PDF Chapter)
This is the Eastern Cape chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Africa, Lesotho & Swazi-land guidebook.
The Eastern Cape offers a wide range of topography and experiences: you’ll find tranquillity in the towns of the Karoo and the imposing Drakensberg peaks in the Highlands; good surfing in the Indian Ocean, coupled with amazing cultural experiences on the Wild Coast; and history throughout, including the legacy of some famous local sons - Nelson Mandela, Oliver Tambo and Steve Biko.
- walk the Wild Coast’s seaside pathways and secluded beaches
- take in a Karoo sunset with views of Graaff-Reinet below in the Valley of Desolation
- observe African elephants up close at Addo Elephant National Park and the nearby re-serves
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Garden Route East, Nature’s Valley, Tsitsikamma Na-tional Park, Storms River, Sunshine Coast, Cape St Francis & around, Jeffrey’s Bay, Port Eliza-beth, Addo Elephant National Park, Grahamstown, Bathurst, Port Alfred, Amathole, East London, Hogsback, The Wild Coast, Chintsa, Morgan Bay & Kei Mouth, Dwesa Nature Reserve, Coffee Bay & around, Qunu, Mthatha, Port St Johns, Pondoland, Northeastern Highlands, Queenstown, Lady Grey, Rhodes, Eastern Karoo, Graaff-Reinet, Camdeboo National Park, Nieu Bethesda, Mountain Zebra National Park and Cradock.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.