South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland - Eastern Cape (PDF Chapter)
This is the Eastern Cape chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Africa, Lesotho & Swazi-land guidebook.
From lush tropical forests to uninhabited desert expanses, and from easy-going hammock time to adrenaline-pumping adventures, the Eastern Cape offers a wide range of topography and experiences. Some of South Africa’s finest hiking trails wind along the coastline and through its mountainous, waterfall-filled landscapes.
- walk the Wild Coast’s seaside pathways and secluded beaches
- take in a Karoo sunset with views of Graaff-Reinet below in the Valley of Desolation
- observe African elephants up close at Addo Elephant National Park and the nearby re-serves
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Garden Route East, Garden Route National Park (Tsitsikamma Section), Storms River, Sunshine Coast, St Francis Bay, Jeffrey’s Bay, Port Eliza-beth, Addo Elephant National Park, Grahamstown, Port Alfred, Amathole, East London, Hogs-back, The Wild Coast, Chintsa, Morgan Bay & Kei Mouth, Coffee Bay, Around Coffee Bay, Mtha-tha, Mthatha to Port St Johns, Port St Johns, Pondoland, Northeastern Highlands, Lady Grey, Rhodes, Eastern Karoo, Graaff-Reinet, Camdeboo National Park, Nieu Bethesda, Mountain Zebra National Park, Cradock.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.