*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
South Africa, Lesotho & Swaziland - Cape Town (PDF Chapter)
This is the Cape Town chapter from Lonely Planet’s South Africa, Lesotho & Swazi-land guidebook.
Known as the ‘Mother City’ for its historical role in the development of modern South Africa, Cape Town is dominated by magnificent Table Mountain, its summit draped with cascading clouds, its flanks coated with unique flora and vineyards, its base fringed by golden beaches.
- take the cable car to the top of magnificent Table Mountain and looking down on the city
- sail out to the infamous prison Robben Island, and ponder the country’s past and pre-sent
- explore the City Bowl, with its museums, the Company’s Gardens and wonderful art-deco and Victorian architecture
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Information, Getting There & Away and Getting Around.
You are viewing a Multi Country GuideWhat is a Multi Country Guide?
Similar in style and format to our Country and Regional guidebooks, this series helps you focus on two or three neighbouring countries. Extensive pre-planning sections and in-depth coverage are combined with information and listings on history, culture, food, drink, shopping, nightlife and more.
- Packed with amazing experiences, author recommendations and local knowledge
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your perfect trip
- Our expert authors reveal the local secrets that will make your trip unique
- Full of cultural insights for a richer, more rewarding travel experience
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.