The Solo Travel Handbook
Don't let the idea of travelling alone stop you from living out your dreams. Packed with tips and advice for before and during your travels, The Solo Travel Handbook gives you the confidence and know-how to explore the world on your own, whether you're planning a once-in-a-lifetime adventure or short city break.
Developed with Lonely Planet's expert travel writers, it explains how and why individual travel is such a valuable and rewarding experience. Covered topics include:
- Confront and overcome any travel worries
- Decide where to go and plan your itinerary
- Set a budget strategy and organise money
- Find deals on flights and accommodation
- Choose the right luggage and pack like a pro
- Meet fellow travellers and befriend locals
- Ensure you stay safe, happy and healthy
We also rank the best destinations for road-tripping, food, nightlife, culture, island escapes and more, as well as how to fund your travels while you're away.