*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Slovenia - Western Slovenia & the Soca Valley (PDF Chapter)
This is the Western Slovenia & the Soča Valley chapter from Lonely Planet’s Slovenia guidebook.
Rivers don’t come much more scenic than the Soča. Loads of activities get travellers up close to the natural splendour from busy centres like Bovec and Kobarid, where tour operators help adrenalineseekers ride river rapids or paraglide from hillsides.
- marvel over the exquisite green waters of the Soča River while rafting or kayaking
- check out World Heritage-listed history in Idrija
- tour the idyllic, under-the-radar villages and vineyards of Goriška Brda
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Soča Valley, Bovec, Kobarid, Nova Gorica, Goriška Brda, Vipava Valley, Central Primorska, Idrija and Cerkno.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.