Slovenia - Southwestern Slovenia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southwestern Slovenia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Slovenia guide-book.
Slovenia’s astonishing diversity comes to the fore in this region. You can traipse through remarkable Unesco-recognised caves that yawn open to reveal karstic treasures, go bear-watching in dense green forests, or admire the Venetian history and architectural legacy of photogenic seaside towns.
- enjoy seafood amid Venetian architecture Piran
- marvel at the cathedral-like Postojna Cave
- track bears in Lož Valley, one of Europe’s best wildlife experiences
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Slovenian Karst, Postojna, The Green Karst, Škocjan Caves, Lipica, Western Wine Regions, Vipava Valley, Goriška Brda, Slovenian Coast, Koper, Izola, Piran, Portorož, Secovlje.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.