*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - discount taken at checkout. See terms.
Slovenia - Southeast Slovenia & the Krka Valley (PDF Chapter)
This is the Southeast Slovenia & the Krka Valley chapter from Lonely Planet’s Slovenia guidebook.
Slovenia’s southeast boasts subtle charms rather than big-ticket highlights. Low-key tourist attractions include grand monasteries and restored castles, thermal water resorts, and surprisingly good regional museums and galleries. Local farms and vineyards welcome travellers with rustic accommodation, farm-to-plate food and unique wine.
- cycle the back roads of the picturesque Krka River valley
- kayak the rapid-water run on the Kolpa River from Stari Trg to Vinica
- walk the island of Kostanjevica na Krki, and explore the art that fills its ancient monastery outside town
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Dolenjska, Ribnica & around, Stična, Bogenšperk Castle, Krka Valley, Žužemberk, Dolenjske Toplice, Kočevski Rog, Novo Mesto, Otočec ob Krki, Kostanjevica na Krki, Brežice, Mokrice Castle, Bizeljsko-Sremič Wine District, Bela Krajina, Metlika, Metlika Wine Area, Črnomelj & around, and Kolpa Valley.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.