Slovenia - Ljubljana (PDF Chapter)
This is the Ljubljana chapter from Lonely Planet’s Slovenia guidebook.
Slovenia’s capital and largest city is one of Europe’s greenest and most liveable capitals. In summer, cafes set up terrace seating along the leafy banks of the emerald-green Ljubljanica Riv-er; it almost feels like a nightly street party.
- ride the funicular to Ljubljana Castle for an overview of the city’s past and present
- spend an evening at an outside table at a riverside café like Slovenska Hiša
- indulge in some fresh fruits, vegetables, meats, cheeses and (of course) delicious fish at Central Market
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: History, Sights, Activities, Tours, Festivals & Events, Sleeping, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.