Slovenia - Lake Bled & the Julian Alps (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lake Bled & the Julian Alps chapter from Lonely Planet’s Slovenia guidebook.
This is the Slovenia of tourist posters: mountain peaks, postcard-perfect lakes and blue-green rivers. Prepare to be charmed by Lake Bled (with an island and a castle!), surprised by Lake Bohinj, and dazzled by the lofty peak of Mt Triglav.
- enjoy unforgettable Lake Bled from every angle: a shoreline walk, a swim, a gondola ride, or from the castle terrace
- climb Slovenia’s highest peak, Mt Triglav, and proclaim yourself Slovene
- marvel over the exquisite green waters of the Soca River, while rafting or kayaking
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Škofja Loka, Radovljica, Lake Bled, Lake Bohinj, Triglav National Park, Kranjska Gora, Vršic Pass, Soca Valley, Bovec, Kobarid, Central Primorska, Idrija, Cerkno.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation