Slovenia - Lake Bled & the Julian Alps (PDF Chapter)
This is the Lake Bled & the Julian Alps chapter from Lonely Planet’s Slovenia guidebook.
This is the Slovenia of the tourist posters: mountain peaks, Alpine meadows, postcard-perfect lakes. Prepare to be wowed by Lake Bled (an island and a castle!) and charmed by Lake Bohinj, while Mt Triglav’s lofty peak may dazzle you enough to prompt an ascent.
- enjoy Lake Bled with a shoreline cycle or walk, a swim, a gondola ride, or from the castle terrace
- climb to the top of Mt Triglav, Slovenia’s tallest peak
- drive or bike over the hair-raising (and spine-tingling) Vršič Pass
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kamnik & Around, Škofja Loka, Radovljica, Bled, Bohinj, Triglav National Park, Kranjska Gora and Vršič Pass.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.