Slovenia - Eastern Slovenia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Eastern Slovenia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Slovenia guide-book.
If you want to explore further than the main tourist routes, this region offers outdoor activities aplenty and three grand historical centres where you can wander freely without squeezing between tour-group crowds.
- explore the skinny cobbled streets of the preserved medieval town of Ptuj, the jewel of Eastern Slovenia
- soak up the pristine alpine views amid Logarska Dolina
- stand-up paddleboard down the Drava River, for the best views of Maribor Old Town’s grand architecture
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Kamnik-Savinja Alps, Kamnik, Kamniška Bistrica & Velika Planina, Upper Savinja Valley, Celje, Kozjansko Region, Podcetrtek, Rogaška Slatina, Ptuj & Around, Maribor, Pohorje Massif, Maribor Pohorje, Rogla & Zrece Pohorje, Koroška, Slovenj Gradec & Around, Prekmurje, Murska Sobota & Around, Moravske Toplice.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.