*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Slovenia - Eastern Slovenia (PDF Chapter)
This is the Eastern Slovenia chapter from Lonely Planet’s Slovenia guidebook.
Eastern Slovenia, embracing three provinces, rises from flat agricultural lands to snow-capped peaks. Its mountains, rivers and thermal waters provide a natural playground, while many of its historic towns date back to Roman times.
Tiny Koroška (Carinthia) is a region of forests, mountains and highland meadows and is tailor-made for outdoor activities, including skiing, mountain biking and hiking.
In the far northeast, Prekmurje is Slovenia’s ‘forgotten’ corner, mostly a broad, farmed plain ‘beyond the Mura River’, which has preserved its culture of traditional music, folklore, architecture and food. It’s a great place to relax and enjoy taking the waters at its many thermal spas.
- wander back through the past via the narrow cobbled streets of medieval Ptuj, the jewel of Štajerska
- enjoy the wonderland (and the uncrowded skiing) that is Rogla in winter
- visit Prekmurje’s last two remaining floating mills on the Mura River near Veržej and Ižakovci
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Štajerska, Upper Savinja Valley, Celje, Šempeter, Kozjansko Region, Rogaška Slatina, Rogatec, Ptuj & around, Maribor, Maribor Pohorje, Central Pohorje Region, Koroška, Slovenj Gradec & around, Prekmurje, Murska Sobota & around, Moravske Toplice and Radenci.
You are viewing a Country GuideWhat is a Country Guide?
Packed with detailed pre-planning information, amazing experiences, inspirational images, city walks and the best local knowledge, these are our most comprehensive country guides, designed to immerse you in a culture, discover the best sights and get off the beaten track.
- Planning features and itineraries give you the freedom to create your ideal trip
- Expert authors uncover local secrets and hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Includes comprehensive colour maps of even the smallest towns
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.