Singapore - Little India & Kampong Glam (PDF Chapter)
This is the Little India & Kampong Glam chapter from Lonely Planet’s Singapore guidebook.
The best way to take in this area’s bewitching sights, smells and sounds is to simply wander the lanes. Shopping and temple-hopping rank highly, but the main attraction is authentic Indian food. Arm yourself with an appetite and dive in.
- kick off your flip-flops and brave the infamous chilli challenge at Lagnaa Barefoot Dining, one of the tastiest nosh spots in Little India.
- customise the perfect fragrance at Sifr Aromatics, one of a string of one-off shops in eclec-tic Kampong Glam.
- shop for saris, then heading downstairs for lip-smacking street eats at Little India’s liveliest hawker centre, the Tekka Centre.
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout