Singapore - Islands & Day Trips from Singapore (PDF Chapter)
This is the Islands & Day Trips from Singapore chapter from Lonely Planet’s Singapore guidebook.
Want to escape the city? This chapter includes the very best excursions from Singapore and they can each be completed in a day. Must-sees include Pulau Ubin and the Southern Is-lands.
- an unkempt jungle of an island, Pulau Ubin offers a forest full of weird and wonderful creatures, dusty village streets and, best of all, the chance to explore it all by bicycle
- located just off the southeast coast of Sentosa, the three Southern Islands – Kusu, Lazarus and St John’s – are tailor-made for beachside picnics and lazy tropical lounging
- expats and moneyed Singaporeans lap up the all-inclusive resorts in the north, but explor-ing Bintan’s south offers an altogether more authentic taste for Indonesian island life
- just under an hour away by bus from Singapore, the Malaysian city of Johor Bahru, or JB, is popular for cheap food, cheap-ish shopping, lively streets and a Lego theme park
Coverage includes: Pulau Ubin, Southern Islands, Pulau Bintan, Johor Bahru.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.