Singapore - Holland Village, Dempsey Hill & the Botanic Garden (PDF Chapter)
This is the Holland Village, Dempsey Hill & the Botanic Gardens chapter from Lonely Planet’s Singapore guidebook.
The must-see sight here is the Singapore Botanic Gardens – set aside half a day to soak up its charms. Stock up on picnic food at upmarket Holland Village or leafy Dempsey Hill, or head to leafy Food Canopy a dirt-cheap hawker feed.
- take deep, blissful breaths of air in lush and velvety Singapore Botanic Gardens, picnicking on the lawns, slipping into ancient rainforest and exploring a string of tranquil themed gardens
- marvel at the beauty, diversity and sheer quantity of varieties on display at the National Orchid Garden set snugly in the Botanic Gardens
- shop for unique homewares in Dempsey Hill’s antique shops & galleries
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Shopping, Activi-ties.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout