Singapore - Eastern Singapore (PDF Chapter)
This is the Eastern Singapore chapter from Lonely Planet’s Singapore guide-book.
The eastern neighbourhoods receive far less attention from tourists than those of the city centre. It’s a shame, because these neighbourhoods are vibrant, alive and perhaps more reflec-tive of Singapore culture. The staggering amount of food outlets here is a big draw.
- ride a bicycle or rollerblade along East Coast Park before plonking yourself down to rest, watch the ships in the strait, and soak up the atmosphere
- eye-up the exuberant architectural candy of the Peranakan Terrace Houses
- lick to the bottom of the bowl at the cult-status laksa shop 328 Katong Laksa
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.