*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Sicily - Western Sicily (PDF Chapter)
This is the Western Sicily chapter from Lonely Planet’s Sicily guidebook.
Sicily’s windswept western coast is coming into its own as an off-the-beaten-track destination, perfect for those who savour slow travel. There’s an amazingly diverse range of experiences to be had here, with a stunning juxtaposition of sea and mountain scenery.
- contemplate Segesta, one of the world’s most perfect classical temples atop an idyllic hillside
- plan your next move while surveying western Sicily’s stunning landscape from Castello di Venere, Erice’s Norman castle
- explore ancient cave art in Grotta del Genovese on the island of Levanzo
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Golfo di Castellammare, Scopello, San Vito Lo Capo, Riserva Naturale dello Zingaro, Castellammare del Golfo, Segesta, Trapani, Around Trapani, Erice, Saline di Trapani, Egadi Islands, Favignana, Levanzo, Marettimo, the Southwest, Marsala, Mazara del Vallo and Selinunte.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Limited time only. Join the party and get 2 for 1 on absolutely everything.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.