Sicily - Understand Sicily and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
All the info you need on everything from history, arts and architecture, Sicilian cuisine and the Mafia to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers and travellers with disabilities. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on how new challenges such as economic crisis and immigration are shaping Sicily today
- info on the roles that family, tradition and religious rituals play in Sicilian culture
- full coverage of the street snacks, seafood and sweet treats that are the hallmarks of Sicily’s addictively delicious cuisine
- details on how the dominating force of the Mafia has begun to loosen in recent years
Coverage includes: Sicily Today, History, Sicilian Table, Sicilian Way of Life, Sicily on Page & Screen, The Mafia, Arts & Architecture, Directory A–Z, Transport and Language.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.