Sicily - Tyrrhenian Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tyrrhenian Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Sicily guidebook.
The coastal stretch between Palermo and Milazzo is packed with dramatic beach and moun-tain scenery, and appealing coastal towns like Cefalù and Castel di Tusa – but once summer rolls around, it’s holiday central, characterised by crowded roads and beaches.
- choose the glitter that suits you best in Cefalù – the Duomo’s sparkling gold mosaics or the fashion-conscious beach scene a few paces away
- relive the glory days of Italy’s greatest road race in Collesano’s Museo Targa Florio
- while away a chilly mountain evening by the blazing fire in a pizzeria in Petralia Sopra-na
Coverage includes: Cefalù, Caccamo, Parco Naturale Regionale delle Madonie, Castelbuono, Petralia Soprana, Petralia Sottana, Piano Battaglia, Collesano, Parco Regionale dei Nebrodi, San Marco d’Alunzio, Mistretta, Castel di Tusa, Capo d’Orlando, Milaz-zo.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.