Sicily - Tyrrhenian Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Tyrrhenian Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Sicily guidebook.
The coastal stretch between Palermo and Milazzo is packed with dramatic beach and mountain scenery, and appealing coastal towns like Cefalù and Castel di Tusa – but once summer rolls around, it’s holiday central, characterised by crowded roads and beaches.
- choose the glitter that suits you best at Cefalù – the sparkling gold mosaics of the Duomo or the fashion-conscious beach scene a few paces away
- relive the glory days of Italy’s greatest road race in Museo Targa Florio, a little Collesano museum
- while away a chilly mountain evening by the blazing fire in a pizzeria in Petralia Soprana
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Cefalù, Caccamo, Parco Naturale Regionale delle Madonie, Castelbuono, Sant’Ambrogio, The Nebrodi Mountains, Petralia Soprana, Petralia Sottana, Piano Battaglia, Collesano, Parco Regionale dei Nebrodi, San Marco d’Alunzio, Mistretta, Coastal Resort Villages, Castel di Tusa, Capo d’Orlando, Milazzo and Capo Tindari.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.