*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - make your selections and see the discount at checkout. See terms.
Sicily - Syracuse & the Southeast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Syracuse & the Southeast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Sicily guidebook.
Home to Magna Graecia’s most magnificent ancient city and some of Italy’s most glorious baroque towns, Sicily’s southeast is the island’s top draw. Choose between sunning yourself on the seafront or falling head over heels for Sicily’s most beautiful towns.
- explore the mighty Greek ruins, ancient Jewish ritual bath and vibrant island street life of the the ancient town of Syracuse
- take in scoops of gelato and swirls of baroque in the World Heritage beauty, Noto
- feast on cult-status chocolate and bombastic churches in the dramatically situated town of Modica
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Syracuse & around, the Southeast, Valle Dell’Anapo, Ferla & Necropoli di Pantalica, Palazzolo Acreide, Noto, the Noto Coast, Modica & around, Ragusa and Chiaramonte Gulfi.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.