Sicily - Mediterranean Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mediterranean Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Sicily guide-book.
The main attraction of Sicily’s Mediterranean Coast is the magnificent ruins of the Valley of the Temples, unparalleled across the island for their significance, expanse and beauty. Nearby, Agrigento has an elegant medieval old town with good restaurants and accommodation.
- marvel at the genius of the ancient Greeks as you wander among Agrigento’s spectacular ruins in the Valley of the Temples
- get an alternative take on Sicilian culture at innovative Farm Cultural Park in Favara
- dance through the streets accompanied by giant papier-mâché puppets at Sciacca’s flam-boyant carnival, SciacCarnevale
Coverage includes: Agrigento, Valley of the Temples, Scala dei Turchi, Siculiana Marina & Torre Salsa, Eraclea Minoa, Sciacca, Caltabellotta, Licata, Falconara, Gela, Lampedusa.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.