*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Sicily - Mediterranean Coast (PDF Chapter)
This is the Mediterranean Coast chapter from Lonely Planet’s Sicily guidebook.
Sicily’s Mediterranean coast is a mixed bag. Spectacular natural sights compete with unsightly development for prominence, resulting in an odd air in places. Head west for wilder, unspoilt countryside, sandy beaches and the spectacular Scala dei Turchi chalk cliffs.
- marvel at the genius of the ancient Greeks as you wander among Agrigento’s spectacular ruins at Valley of the Temples
- get an alternative take on Sicilian culture at Farm Cultural Park, an innovative art ‘neighbourhood’ in Favara
- dance through the streets accompanied by giant papier-mâché puppets at Sciacca’s flamboyant carnival, Sciaccarnevale
- restaurants & accommodation
Coverage includes: Agrigento, Favara, Valley of the Temples, Lampedusa, Beaches & Beauty Spots, Eraclea Minoa, Sciacca, Caltabellotta, Licata, Falconara, Gela and Butera & Mazzarino.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.