Sicily - Aeolian Islands (PDF Chapter)
This is the Aeolian Islands chapter from Lonely Planet’s Sicily guidebook.
Rising out of the cobalt-blue seas off Sicily’s northeastern coast, the Unesco-protected Aeo-lian Islands (Vulcano, Lipari, Salina, Panarea, Stromboli, Filicudi and Alicudi) are a little piece of paradise, a seven-island archipelago offering a wealth of opportunities for relaxation and outdoor fun.
- dig through five millennia of history at Lipari’s archaeological museum
- savour local wine in the tranquil interior of Salina, the Aeolians’ lushest island
- watch Stromboli erupt at sunset, then hiking back with the moonlit Tyrrhenian Sea glowing far below
Coverage includes: Lipari, Vulcano, Salina, Panarea, Stromboli, Filicudi, Alicudi.
You are viewing a Regional GuideWhat is a Regional Guide?
Heading to a popular region within a country? These guides provide the extra depth and detail you need. Following the same format and style as our Country and Multi-country guides, they help you get under the area’s skin to discover its defining characteristics, like its cuisine, markets, culture and festivals.
- Create your perfect trip with our planning tools and suggested itineraries
- Our experts uncover hidden gems to make your visit unique
- Packed with inspiring images, walking tours and the best local knowledge
- Detailed listings on everything from top sights and activities to eating, shopping, nightlife and accommodation
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.