Sicily travel guide
Eternal crossroads of the Mediterranean, the gorgeous island of Sicily continues to lure travellers with its dazzling diversity of landscapes and cultural treasures. Lonely Planet is your passport to Sicily, with amazing travel experiences and the best planning advice.
Swoon at the layers of history in Syracuse, stroll around the Valley of the Temples, and fall in love with Cefalù; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Sicily and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Sicily Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Honest review for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - Sicily Today 294, History, The Sicilian Table, The Sicilian Way of Life, Sicily on Page & Screen, The Mafia, Arts & Architecture
- Free, convenient pull-out city map (included in print version), plus over 54 colour maps
Coverage includes: Palermo, Western Sicily, Tyrrhenian Coast, Aeolian Islands, Ionian Coast, Syracuse & the Southeast, Central Sicily, Mediterranean Coast and more