Shanghai - Xujiahui & South Shanghai (PDF Chapter)
This is the Xújiāhuì & South Shànghǎi chapter from Lonely Planet’s Shanghai guidebook.
Bordering the southwestern end of the stylish French Concession and a zip away on the metro from People’s Square, Xújiāhuì (徐家汇) was known to 1930s expats as Zicawei or Sicawei.
- exploring Jesuit heritage in the well-preserved architecture of Xújiāhuì
- divine the Buddhist heritage of South Shànghǎi at the pretty, peaceful Lónghuá Temple and Pagoda
- go all out for a Uighur lamb feast in Xīnjiāng Restaurant, complete with dancing and singing performances
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.