Shanghai - West Shanghai (PDF Chapter)
This is the West Shànghǎi chapter from Lonely Planet’s Shanghai guidebook.
West Shànghǎi (长宁、闵行、古北、虹桥) is far more a residential and business zone than a tourist drawcard, though that’s not to say you should immediately scratch it from your itinerary.
- squeeze into the narrow alleyways of Qībǎo for flavours of traditional China
- take in a modern-art exhibit at the often overlooked Mínshēng Art Museum
- rock out at Yùyīntáng, one of Shànghǎi’s best gritty music venues
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout