Shanghai - The Bund & People's Square (PDF Chapter)
This is the The Bund & People’s Square chapter from Lonely Planet’s Shanghai guidebook.
Shànghǎi’s definitive spectacle, the grand sweep of the riverside Bund (外滩, Wàitān) is a designer retail and dining strip; it’s the address in town for the city’s most exclusive boutiques, restaurants and hotels.
- stroll along the promenade of the Bund, and capture Pǔdōng lighting up through a martini glass
- load up on Chinese culture’s greatest hits at the world-class Shànghǎi Museum
- indulge in high dining at some of Shànghǎi’s signature Bund restaurants, such as Mr & Mrs Bund, with showstopping views as standard
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout