Instock products only. No code necessary. See terms
Shanghai - Old Town (PDF Chapter)
was $4.95 USD
This is the Old Town chapter from Lonely Planet’s Shanghai guidebook.
Long a concoction of old-fashioned textures, tatty charm and musty temples, for glimpses of old Shànghǎi (that of the Chinese, not the foreigners), explore the surviving Old Town backstreets with their narrow, pinched and crowded lanes, dark alleys and overhanging laundry.
- zone out from Shànghǎi’s urban modernity in the gorgeous Yùyuán Gardens & Bazaar Chinese gardens
- delve into traditional alleys and backstreets to uncover the city’s past on an Old Town walking tour
- learn about traditional tea culture while sipping a fragrant brew in an Old Shànghǎi Teahouse
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.