Shanghai - Hongkou & North Shanghai (PDF Chapter)
This is the Hóngkǒu & North Shànghǎi chapter from Lonely Planet’s Shanghai guidebook.
Hóngkǒu and North Shànghǎi may not have the lion’s share of sights in town, but prize chunks of heritage architecture rise up from the swirl of street life and an authentic grittiness survives.
- get a history lesson on Jewish Shànghǎi in Ohel Moishe Synagogue
- take a self-guided tour of Hóngkǒu’s concession-period and art deco buildings, such as the Broadway Mansions
- get lost along the labyrinth of concrete walkways in the 1933
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping and Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.