Seoul - Western Seoul (PDF Chapter)
This is the Western Seoul chapter from Lonely Planet’s Seoul guidebook.
The areas of Hongdae, Edae and Sinchon are all packed with places for students to be diverted from their studies. Hongik is Korea’s leading art and design institution, so this is a particularly fertile patch for chaotic creativity and unbridled hedonism.
- shop at Korea’s largest seafood market, where you can buy everything from king crabs to sea cucumbers and have it cooked up on the spot.
- hit Hongdae for its buzzing nightlife.
- enjoy the view and the contemporary Korean artworks at 63 Sky Art Gallery.
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities, Accommodation.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.