Seoul - Understand Seoul & Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
All the info you need on everything from history food and drink, architecture, religion and culture to flights, public transport, climate, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for women travellers, gay and lesbian travellers, travellers with disabilities, and travellers with kids. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown on eating and drinking in Korea
- info on religion and Korean culture
- full coverage of architectural styles from traditional to modern
- details on artistic pursuits in Korea
Coverage includes: This chapter contains the Seoul Today, History, Food & Drink: Barbecue, Rice Dishes, Meat, Fish & Seafood, Vegetarian & Vegan dishes, Soups & Stews, Street Food, Kimchi, Dumplings, Noodles and Pancakes, Religion & Culture: Confucianism, Buddhism, Christianity, Shamanism, Contemporary and Traditional Culture, Architecture: Temples, Shrines, Royal Tombs, Hanoks, Contemporary, Modern and Colonial, Arts: Visual Art, Literature, Music – Traditional, K-Indie, K-Pop, Ceramics and Pottery, Cinema, Theatre and Dance, Transport, Directory A-Z, and Language.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.