Seoul - Understand Seoul and Survival Guide (PDF Chapter)
This chapter contains the Seoul Today, History, Food & Drink, Religion & Culture, Architecture, Arts, Transport, Directory A–Z and Language chapters from Lonely Planet’s Seoul guidebook.
All the info you need on everything from history, food & drink and architecture, to flights, public transport, money, the internet... you name it. Get tips for LGBTIQ+ travellers, travellers with disabilities, and visas. And get the most out of your conversations with a handy language guide and glossary.
- a rundown of specialty Korean dishes
- info on Korean manners and social faux pas
- full coverage of arts and architecture in the capital city
- details on the relationship between North and South Korea
Coverage includes: Seoul Today, History - from Japanese Colonisation to Seoul’s Unlikely Mayor, Food & Drink, Religion & Culture, Architecture: Traditional to Contemporary, Arts, Transport, Directory A–Z, and Language.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.