Seoul - Itaewon & Yongsan-gu (PDF Chapter)
This is the Itaewon & Yongsan-gu chapter from Lonely Planet’s Seoul guidebook.
Yongsan-gu has long been defined by Yongsan Garrison, the US army base hidden behind concrete and barbed wire. Next door is Itaewon, where army personnel and expats shop and relax in an international mix of restaurants, bars and, umm, other places.
- survey centuries of Korean culture and art at the National Museum of Korea.
- explore contemporary masterpieces alongside traditional Korean crafts at Leeum Samsung Museum of Art.
- pay homage to those who gave their lives and learn more about a conflict that remains unresolved at the War Memorial of Korea.
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities, Accommodation.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
We're aware of our impact on the environment and society, both as a business and as individuals.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.