*Cannot be combined with other offers. No code necessary - automatically added at checkout. See terms.
Seoul - Gwanghwamun & Jongno-gu (PDF Chapter)
Seoul’s royal palace compounds, in the district of Jongno-gu, provide a glimpse of what it was like to live at the powerful heart of the old city. Venture further afield for teahouses, galleries, craft shops and traditional houses called hanoks.
- admire the scale and artistry of Gyeongbokgung, the largest of Seoul’s palaces, fronted by the grand gateway Gwanghwamun, where you can watch the changing of the guard
- discover Huwon, the serene traditional garden secreted behind Changdeokgung
- get lost in picturesque Bukchon Hanok Village, the city’s densest cluster of traditional-style homes
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment and Shopping.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Mix and match on hundreds of guidebooks, ebooks and thousands of digital chapters.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.