Seoul - Gangnam & Southern Seoul (PDF Chapter)
This is the Gangnam & Southern Seoul chapter from Lonely Planet’s Seoul guidebook.
Gangnam refers to an administrative area, Gangnam-gu, and the parts of Seoul that lie south of the Han. Interesting sights are spread out and can feel suburban (though ritzy) after Itaewon and Myeong-dong.
- stroll around 1700-year-old fortifications, museums and 200 quirky sculptures in the Olympic Park.
- make a lotus lantern and sip tea with monks at the venerable Bongeun-sa temple.
- get high on an amusement-park thrill ride and in a fairy-tale carousel and castle in the tallest building in South Korea at Lotte World.
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities, Accommodation.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout