Seoul - Dongdaemun & Eastern Seoul (PDF Chapter)
For centuries synonymous with shopping, Dongdaemun is now famous for the architectural showpiece Dongdaemun Design Plaza & Park (DDP). Explore the indoor markets that stretch along either side of Cheong-gye-cheon for everything from sewing machine parts to varieties of kimchi.
- uncover layers of Seoul’s history, from its foundation as the capital of the Joseon dynasty to its 21st-century incarnation, at the Dongdaemun Design Plaza & Park
- cycle around Seoul Forest , past the wetlands, the riverside and Sika deer
- cruise the malls and buzzing streets of Dongdaemun Market into the early hours of the morning
- restaurants & bars
Coverage includes: Neighbourhood Top Five, Local Life, Getting There & Away, Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Sports & Activities.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout
Are you a poor college student who wants to travel the world? Register with Student Beans and get a discount.
Don’t need the whole book? Choose just the chapters you want. PDF format only.
Free standard delivery* via UPS Ground is automatically applied to all orders shipped within the USA over US$40 and over $50 to Canada. Find out more.