Seoul - Dongdaemun & Eastern Seoul (PDF Chapter)
This is the Dongdaemun & Eastern Seoul chapter from Lonely Planet’s Seoul guidebook.
Taking its name from the Great East Gate to the city, Dongdaemun is famous for its architectural showpiece, the Zaha Hadid–designed Dongdaemun Design Plaza & Park (DDP), home also to layers of archaeological history uncovered during its construction.
- shop your way through high-rise malls and sprawling markets into the early hours of the morning.
- cruise the streets of Seongsu-dong, Seoul’s answer to Brooklyn.
- gorge on a sea of Seoul food in the city’s busiest snack alleys.
Coverage includes: Sights, Eating, Drinking & Nightlife, Entertainment, Shopping, Accommodation.
You are viewing a City GuideWhat is a City Guide?
These are our most comprehensive, in-depth city guides, designed for visits lasting from a couple of days up to one week or more. Packed with extensive coverage, reviews, well-kept secrets, hidden gems and much more, they’re invaluable before and during your trip.
- Information-rich to ensure you get the most from your time away
- Organised by neighbourhood with detailed listings on everything
- from top sights and activities to shopping, nightlife and accommodation
- Includes an A-Z Survival Guide and extensive pre-planning sections
- Full colour, pull-out detailed city map plus colour maps throughout